The Friends of the Osborne Collection has over 500 members, primarily located in Canada but extending worldwide.
Our group includes book lovers, storytellers, teachers, professors, collectors, students…people who care about early children’s books, and want to help build, conserve and promote use of one of the foremost English-language children’s book collections.
Since the Friends of the Osborne Collection group was founded in 1966, we have supported the Osborne Collection of Early Children’s Books by raising funds for special projects, including
- acquisitions, beyond Toronto Public Library’s regular budget
- cataloguing and conservation projects
- outreach through sponsored events
Please read the Gryphon newsletter for an ongoing list of our work and accomplishments!
The Osborne Collection of Early Children’s Books has grown to over 80,000 rare and modern children’s books. These are classified in three parts:
- The Osborne Collection of books published to the end of 1910
- The Lillian H. Smith Collection of modern titles
- The Canadiana Collection of materials written, published, or substantially related to Canada.
The Friends hope you will find this site informative.