The Canadiana Collection is a representative selection of 19th- and 20th-century children’s books in English related to Canada or whose writers, illustrators or publishers are associated with this country.
Important holdings include:
- the manuscript for the the illustrated poem, The Sad Tale of Mrs. Mole and Mrs. Mouse by Jane Vaughan Cotton, (ca. 1849)
- the manuscript for the first Canadian picture book, An Illustrated Comic Alphabet (1859)
- archives of current Canadian authors, including Brian Doyle, Art Slade, Linda Granfield, Kathy Stinson and the art archive of Brenda Clark
- a selection of popular materials
- small press publications.
The Osborne Collection of Early Children’s Books
The Lillian H. Smith branch, Toronto Public Library
239 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R5
Mon. – Fri. 10-6, Sat. 9-5; Closed Sundays and holidays.
- General Inquiries – email@example.com
- Sephora W. Henderson, Senior Department Head – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martha Scott, Services Specialist – email@example.com